Visit Your Provider Without Leaving Your Home
In response to calls for flexibility and broadening access to telemedicine services during the COVID-19 public health emergency, certain federal privacy regulations have been relaxed by the Health and Human Services (HHS) Office for Civil Rights (OCR) and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). As a result, Oyate Health Center patients can now consult with their medical provider from the comforts of their home.
We strongly encourage our patients to utilize the telemedicine visit to communicate with your healthcare provider. Staying home and practicing social distancing is currently our best defense against spreading COVID-19. If you absolutely feel you must be seen in person, please call (605)355-2500 to consult with your healthcare provider and arrange an appointment at the Oyate Health Center.
You Can Use Telehealth For:
- Chronic disease management
- Post hospitalization management
- Behavioral health
- Medication questions
- New-onset conditions
- Any questions regarding COVID 19
How to Schedule a Telehealth Appointment
- Call your provider to schedule an appointment like you normally would do.
- They will discuss your technical ability for a telehealth session.
- Once an appointment is scheduled, you will receive an email with a link for the telehealth provider visit.
*The difference between a telemedicine/telehealth visit and a telephone visit is that telemedicine/telehealth uses video interaction (face-to-face) and the telephone visit is audio conversation only.