Oyate Health Center Main Building
3200 Canyon Lake Dr.
Rapid City, SD 57702
Pharmacy Refill Line605-355-2240
- 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM - Monday through Friday
- 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM - Saturday
- 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM - Sunday
- 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM - Federal Holidays
- CLOSED on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
Pharmacy Curbside Pickup
Curbside pickup is located behind the Oyate Health Center on the southside of the building. The parking spots are marked by blue signs and are located between the Oyate Health Center and the Lakota Lodge.
Call upon arrival605-209-3997
- 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Wednesday
Oyate Health Center (OHC) Pharmacy desires to be your pharmacy of choice. We strive to provide you, our customer owners, with convenient, efficient, and accurate service for your pharmaceutical care needs. You will be treated with the courtesy and respect you deserve, as the pharmacy staff works together with you to ensure that you have the medicines and information you need for your health and wellness.
The Pharmacy Department offers our patients the following services:
- Filling your prescriptions ordered by your Oyate Health Center medical providers, dentists, and optometrists.
- Providing you with the important information you need to know about your medicines, such as what the medicine is for, when your medicine should be taken, whether your medicine can be taken with food or at the same time as your other medicines, possible side effects, and any foods or medicines which should be avoided while you are on the medicine.
- A prescription refill request line 605-355-2240 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, to make it easy and convenient for you to request your medicine refills. Download prescription refill instructions
- Every call made by our relatives is important. To meet your needs and deliver the best possible service, our Pharmacy Department has updated the automated phone system. Please listen carefully to the entire menu options before making a selection. Thank you for your patience. Wopila!
- Convenient hours of operation
- Mailing your prescription refills directly to you with a quick turnaround time. Call 605-355-2211 to sign up for this great service. Download information about refills by mail
- Curbside prescription pick-up is available.
- Providing medicine organizers and pill cutters to help you take your medicines as prescribed.
- The ability to talk to a pharmacist about any questions or concerns you may have about any of the medicines you take.
- A pharmacist is assigned to each clinic team, working with your medical providers and nurses, to better serve you and your pharmacy needs.
- Text message notifications are available from the pharmacy. If you sign up, you will get a text message when your prescriptions are ready and, if applicable, mail-out tracking info. You may sign up in person at the pharmacy window or by calling 605-355-2211.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the OHC Pharmacy’s Refill Telephone number?
What information do I need to have when calling in my prescription refills to the OHC Pharmacy’s Telephone Refill System?
You will only need the prescription number. It is located in the lower-left corner of your prescription label. It starts with “Rx”.
How soon can I call the Pharmacy’s Refill line for my prescriptions?
You can call in for refills as early as 7 days prior to the completion of your prescription. Prescriptions for controlled substances, like narcotic pain relievers, Ritalin, Adderall, pregabalin, benzodiazepines, and a few others, can only be filled on the date when they are due. So keep in mind that you can request a refill of a controlled substance up to 7 days early, but the OHC Pharmacy will only be able to fill it on the date when it is due.
How long does it usually take to have my prescriptions refilled?
OHC Pharmacy’s Telephone Refill System will tell you when your prescription is going to be ready for pick up. Prescriptions are usually ready to be picked up by the next business day.
How do get signed up so that I can receive my prescription refills through the mail?
Speak to any pharmacy staff member or call the OHC Pharmacy at (605) 355-2211.
If I am signed up to receive my prescription refills through the mail, do I still need to call my prescription in to the OHC Pharmacy’s Telephone Refill System each time I am ready for a refill?
How long does it take to receive my medicines in the mail after I request them?
All mailed prescriptions are processed by the OHC Pharmacy. If you live in the Rapid City area, you will usually receive your prescription in the mail in 2-3 business days. If you live outside of the Rapid City area, it can take a little bit longer.
Are there any medicines which cannot be sent to me through the mail?
Yes. Controlled substances, like narcotic pain relievers, Ritalin, Adderall, pregabalin, benzodiazepines, and a few others, must be picked up at the OHC Pharmacy with a photo ID.
What should I do if I have ordered a medicine refill to be mailed to me and I haven’t received it in a reasonable amount of time?
Call the OHC Pharmacy at 605-355-2211. They can obtain the tracking information for every package which has been sent.
Can I have someone else pick up my medicines for me?
It is best to pick up your own medicines. The OHC Pharmacy does allow patients to designate a “proxy”, but certain rules do apply. If you are interested in finding out how to designate a proxy, please speak to a pharmacy staff member.
How old does someone have to be in order to pick up medicines from the OHC Pharmacy?
Generally, a person must be at least 18 years old to pick up medicines for themselves or someone else.
What should I do if I think I might be experiencing a bad reaction to my medicine?
If the reaction is severe, seek medical care immediately or dial 911. If the reaction is mild to moderate, contact your medical provider who ordered the medicine or the pharmacist at OHC, for their advice on how to handle the reaction or what to do next.
Can I bring prescriptions from my doctor downtown to have them filled at the OHC Pharmacy?
Yes, but the OHC Pharmacy does not stock all available medicines. If the medicine your medical provider has ordered is not available at OHC Pharmacy, the pharmacy staff can attempt to contact your medical provider for a different medicine if appropriate, but sometimes they will not authorize a change.
If I see a medical provider at the Oyate Health Center who prescribes medicine for me, can I have that prescription filled at a retail pharmacy, like Walgreens, Walmart, or Target?
Yes, but you will be responsible for paying for the prescription, not Oyate Health Center. If you do want your prescription filled at a retail pharmacy, you will need to let your medical provider know before they order any medicines for you.